In representation of those in South Carolina not working or refusing to work on Sept 9, 2016—
1. We want free labor to be ended in South Carolina. We want to be fairly compensated for our labor. This can be done by reinstituting state pay for general labor, and labor wages for private industry jobs
2. SCDC stop removing mental health patients from treatment programs back to general population units for disciplinary infractions
3. SCDC allow lifers to advance through the classification system to lower custody prisons like all others. Particularly to minimum security prisons. We also demand they not be removed for one minor disciplinary infraction
4. The SC parole board decisions be more grounded in scientific analysis. Rather then emotions.
5. SCDC reinstitute GED educational classes for all that want to obtain a GED. This includes hiring GED instructors. We also demand meaningful re/habilitation programs be instituted for all that desire to help. This include more meaningful treatment and re entry programs that will accommodate the number of prisoners that are requesting such
6. SCDC end excessive canteen and visitation vendor machine prices
7. SCDC end the practice of in camera video doctor visits for medical and mental health concerns.
8. The State of SC end the truth in sentencing warehousing law and the habitual sentencing of life sentences
Published by SJ, Founder of Jailhouse Lawyers Speak